Solution Architect - Ann Arbor, MI
About Sight Machine
Sight Machine strengthens manufacturers by providing the industry’s only standard data model and system-level visualization capabilities. By integrating all crucial data into a single innovative platform, everyone involved in the fabrication process can visualize, contextualize and examine data in one intuitive interface.
Sight Machine is committed and mission-driven to improve lives, strengthen communities and make the world cleaner through continuously re-envisioning manufacturing processes - making them more efficient, sustainable and absolute.
Founded in Michigan in 2011 and expanded to San Francisco in 2012, Sight Machine blends the spirit of technology innovation and the down to earth style of Detroit manufacturing. Our team includes early leadership from Yahoo, Tesla Motors and Oracle. Together, we share wide industry knowledge and a commitment to advance manufacturing to a more sustainable future.
At Sight Machine, you will work with manufacturing leaders in the automotive, medical device, apparel, construction, and pharmaceutical industries. You will have access to, and work with massive amounts of factory floor data to help uncover insights on how customers make products and develop solutions to pressing business problems. The platform solves problems like Extract Transform Load (ETL), information retrieval, data aggregation and analytics, factory automation, distributed computing, and security. We place great value on professional, technical, and personal growth in an inclusive, collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology and a strong can-do attitude.
Only candidates lawfully authorized to work in the United States will be considered.
About the Customer Success Team
Our Customer Success team is a hungry, humble, smart group of engagement managers, continuous improvement managers, solution architects, data scientists, and data engineers who work collaboratively to solve some of the most complex challenges facing our manufacturing customers.
You’ll work with leading global manufacturers in the paper and tissue, packaging, chemical, automotive, medical device, apparel, construction, and pharmaceutical industries. You will sift through massive amounts of factory floor data to uncover insights on how customers make products and develop solutions to pressing business problems.
About the Solutions Architect Role
You’ll be responsible for leading cross-functional delivery of Sight Machine’s unique manufacturing analytics solution with business and technical team members and with client personnel. If being part of an effort to help our clients harness the power of their data using advanced analytics and ML/AI is interesting to you, please apply for this position. You will make a significant impact on how Sight Machine pushes forward the field of manufacturing analytics.
What You'll Do
- Design solutions using the Sight Machine platform that harness the power of real-time streaming data to help our customers drive continuous improvement and realize outcomes
- Engage directly with our customer’s Business, Operations, and IT stakeholders and become an expert in their manufacturing processes, equipment, IT systems and achieve high levels of customer satisfaction by focusing on value
- Lead the technical delivery of the Sight Machine platform for large manufacturing enterprises through the customer lifecycle: discovery, implementation, expansion, and ongoing support.
- analyze key customer uses cases, identify data sources, and design Sight Machine Data Models that unlock insights to enable data-driven continuous improvement
- Create technical specifications for Data Engineers to deploy edge devices to connect to customer data sources, build streaming data pipelines that extract, transform, and load customer data into Sight Machine Data Models, and configure the Sight Machine platform
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to design and implement advanced analytics using ML/AL.
- Partner with Customer Managers to build trust in Sight Machine Data Models and drive adoption through internal and external solution and data validation exercises
- Provide ongoing support after go-live by triaging incoming issues and change requests and collaborate with Data Engineering, Product Managers, and Platform Engineering teams to ensure a timely response based on priority and severity
- Work closely with Account Executives, Customer Success Managers, and Continuous Improvement Managers to identify and drive incremental opportunities to deliver value and support cross- and up-sell opportunities
This position requires occasional domestic and international travel to client business and factory sites to kick-off engagements, conduct Gemba’s (walk factory floors), and do onsite implementations. The frequency of travel will vary based on the client.
- Experience as a technical leader on a team
- 5+ years of experience with system/data integration with an emphasis on data and business analytics
- Solid understanding of data architecture concepts and data modeling best practices
- Experience with Mongo and Postgres SQL
- Proficiency with ETL techniques and technologies
- Experience conducting code reviews and data validation
- Strong analytical ability and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to work collaboratively with customers and internal teams
- Experience leading requirements gathering workshops
Also helpful, but not required
- Experience with technologies such as Python, Java, Git, and Pandas or R
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment or on 6 sigma projects
- Experience in data analysis and with SQL or NoSQL databases
Great things happen when people can bring their authentic selves to work. We empower all of our employees to share their perspectives, passions and experiences because collectively we make a better, stronger team.
Our team members collaborate closely with peers & cross functional stakeholders throughout the business, our clients on the forefront of digital transformation, and the cutting edge of digital manufacturing thought leadership.
We take pride in our self-starter culture where employees are enabled and encouraged to achieve their professional goals through leadership guidance, learning and development. Our philosophy is that careers are continuous journeys, and we dedicate time and offer resources so that employees can reach their full potential.
Benefits + Perks
We value you at and outside of work and know your loved ones are important. Our benefits are designed to support you and your family’s health through life’s expected and unexpected events.
Our Benefits Include:
- Competitive Salary + Equity
- Health Care Coverage + Life Insurance + Health Savings Account + Flexible Spending Account (includes spouse + children)
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- Adaptable Working Schedule and Environment
Our Perks Include:
- Designated Volunteering Hours + Group Volunteer Events
- Casual Dress Attire
- Catered Lunches, Snacks and Beverages
- Commuter Savings Program
- Company Outings
- On-site Library
- Game Room at San Francisco office
Sight Machine is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and considers candidates regardless of ace, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Sight Machine also considers qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.